Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am looking at converting my 50 gallon freshwater into a saltwater. At this time I am not planning on doing a sump, so I am looking for a hob protein skimmer that will work well. I am looking at working on a budget of about $900. My current plans right now is to use about 60 lbs of rock 50 lbs of dry rock and 5lbs of live rock from macro rock along with about another 5lbs from my lps. For protein skimmers I am thinking about the coralife super skimmer. I was wondering what the opinion of others were on this skimmer. I know from my research that a lot of people suggest the aqua c remora skimmer, but was wondering of the coralife skimmer would work just as well. I will be starting this tank as a fowlr and with the possibility of making it a reef tank once I gain experience in doing a salt tank. Also if there are any other hob skimmers that anyone would suggest I would like to hear about them. I am looking at no more than $200 on a skimmer and that is at the high end of what I can do, the price of the coralife if it is a good skimmer would allow me to be able to do more and open some options on what I can do for my lighting. Thanks :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
the best hob skimmer would have to be reef octopus bh series i would go with 2000 i have used most of all the major brand hang ons and only ones i wasnt disappointed in are those they rae less than 200 and out perform any others

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is another skimmer that I was wondering if anyone has any opinions and especially any experience with the bubble magus nac5e?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts