Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best placement for this coral? It is not doing good close to the top. I have a 90 gallon with a aquatic life 6 bulb T5HO. Can there be too much light? I have a decent amount of water movement on it.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I would guess its probably not the light but the flow. They do not require a ton of light either, though. If you coud move it lower in the tank to a lower flow area I would try that.

Also, what are your parameters and what other corals do you have in the tank? A full rundown of the setup would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yeah they don't like a ton of flow, mine got attached to a rock so I can't move mine but it isn't happy add it was because I had to adjust the flow. Lighting made no difference

·
Administrator
2,511 Posts
Mine

I have my 30" below the light in the back corner of my tank (low to no flow area)and it is doing great. I was half bleached out like something was covering it when i got it. Even though its deep it is in direct light and doing great. I can see the color comming back.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Mine are growing great and The two peices i have are in little flow. In bright light they are light blue and green spots. In dim light they are brown with green spots....(I might have that backward) either way they look cool and grow. Amount of light doesn't seem to bother them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a hollywood stunner chalice for 5 months now and what i can tell you is that in higher flow, they tend to grow a little slower but very thick. When i first got mine it was as thin as a penny, but now since i moved it to meduim flow (not high) it has grow very thick and not as fragile as it use to be. Extremly fast growers, keep them in low/ meduim light for best coloration. They also extend very long sweepers so be aware of the space it has by other corals. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have mine placed in the bottom 3rd of my tank in lower flow. I haven't seen much growth but, have only had them for about 6 weeks or so. As for sweepers, I can say I have never seen a single sweeper during the day or night, regardless of feedings. Light is unshaded but also, not directly under my MH. Color has improved since I got it.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Hollywood stunner is LPS coral. Oxypora or Echynophillia they normally perfer subdued lighting (moderate indirect or mild dirrect). Most of them like gentler flow. They are definetly not like the light and flow loving SPS corals. Any time you see the word Challace it is code for "Uhh, what is it, I don't know, but that sounds expensive" Hope you enjoy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.