Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They gave this to me as a present for being a return customer. Claws look pretty big and it's about the size of a quarter. Not sure I want to have to catch this thing later on 'cause it's eating my fish. Any idea on what it is and what it does? Harmful or harmless? Can I put it in a sump without a problem or should I give it to my lfs?
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
i dunno but looks cool though.

·
Registered
675 Posts
My guess is also a porcelain crab. If it is it should have filter feeding appendages, which are not visible in your photos. If you look at the picture on the link from cracker you can faintly see the white fan near the crabs mouth. Your crab should have a pair of these. If it is a porcelain then it is reef safe and pretty cool that they gave it to you.

HTH,
Tom

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. It does resemble a porcelain crab now that you included that link.:) Into the Nano it goes. Maybe it'll go into the anemone. Lord knows the clown I have in there won't:mad:

Thanks again, Folks!
Tom

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Cool looking crab! Does he bite? Will he beg for food? Sit pretty? Lol, just teasing, I love the fact that saltwater gave him to ya and I don't think it would be a bad crab, because that would be bad for their business. I have never ordered from them, but because of you and Dentdominator, I might, seems like a good company.

Dan

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks and I'm glad he'll be cool in there. Only he and a clown are sharing the Nano 12g. There's a good size bta in there. I wonder if he'll partake. So far, he took off and disappeared.

Yeah, Saltwaterfish was a decent place for cleaners with their Big Boy deal. I think it came to around .60 or .70 apiece for 100 Astreas and 100 blue legs.

I blew it, though by buying 600 copepods for $30.00. They were microscopic. Looked like I poured green water in my sump. Nothing else.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
It'll find the BTA, guaranteed, once it does, you'll have to pry it off:D.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dfcjr said:
It'll find the BTA, guaranteed, once it does, you'll have to pry it off:D.
That sounds good! I'm glad somebody will be using it:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts