Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i looking to buy a good skimmer here in the next few weeks and since i have never owned a "good" skimmer i need your help. i'm have a 90 gallon mixed reef with a med load, i will be building a sump after i get my skimmer so foot print doesn't matter, i'm not looking to spend alot of money on one so i need to know how runs what model skimmer and do you like it or what one would you recommend

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have a EUROREEF and i love it pulls alot of dark green nasty skum from the water. i have a 130gal witha 55gal sump and the only fish i have is a small yellow tang and a pair of clowns and alot of corals. the EUROREEF skimmers are a little $$$ but worth it and you can find a good one here in the selling forms for a good price.

·
Registered
76 Posts
just bought an octopus 200 recirculating. very happy. lots of skimmer for the money. easy to modify, too, if you are into that. look on RC. there are huge threads that help you get the most out of them

important decision. wise of u asking around

·
Registered
347 Posts
BOODARE03, I too am in the same situation as you. I just bought a 90gallon acrylic. I am also going to have a refugium with an in-sump skimmer. I bought the Euro Reef RS135. It was recommended to me by Steve at Pruess'. Steve told they use the RS135 on a 250gallon tank and it works great for a tank that size! I've heard from several people that they are one of the best skimmers available. They do cost a little extra money, but everyone I've talked to said they are more than worth it. I guess I'll find out....:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts