Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright heres my questions, i pretty much got an idea of what i want to do, but i have some choices i have to make. I want to pump to lose as least power as possible, when traveling up the 5ft or so.

Heres the pump im debating on getting, either a:
ampmaster 3000
ampmaster 3600
a sequence 3600
or a sequence 4200
Whatever deal falls into my lap i probably end up with.

All of these pumps have a 1.5" return opening so no difference there. I included two pictures, of the 2 different plumbing options im considering.

My first decision is whether i should use pvc or tubing after i have put together the base of plumbing which i pictured. Which would give me better water flow?

My second thing im wondering is whether i should use 1" or 3/4" tubing or pvc branching off the 1.5" main line. Wondering to same thing..

My third decision im trying to make is which plumbing option do you i will have more power with?

Lastly, in the first pic, the only way i could really have 3 lines if i used a t near the bottom, which line do you think i will have the most water flow coming out of, the one near bottom or one of the top lines?

Please, i really need some feedback on this. If i have too many questions. Just give your opinion on one or two questions, thanks!

· Registered
2,135 Posts
Tube will be less backpressure from smoother bends, assuming it doesn't kink. You might want to buy braided if you do some hard bending with it.

BUT, pipe looks much better.

Not sure about the pumps.

· Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, i still a real ametuer when it comes to plumbing, but tide are you referring to the fitting that has 4 opening's, and look like a x or a cross?

My other question i would really like to know is what size lines should i use that go up to my surges and sea swirl, 3/4 or 1inch?

· Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have 4 holes to work with in the overflows, 2 holes for 1in bulkheads holes, and 2 3/4 inch bulkhead holes. I may even use all 4 of depending on how fast im going need my water to drain in the overflow, when my surge lets the water out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.