Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just dropped off a coral, he said he got two frags of it and gave me one, its sort of a light orange color with little green polyps, what is it called, thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Cant really tell from the pick but, it looks like an encrusting monti. If it is an orange base with green polyps, it is a sunset monti.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Cant really tell from the pick but, it looks like an encrusting monti. If it is an orange base with green polyps, it is a sunset monti.
Be careful trying to name corals by color alone - if you sell a coral as one thing and it ends up not being that the buyer will be upset. Always better to be safe than guess and sell it as a monti than a sunset monti for example;)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Be careful trying to name corals by color alone - if you sell a coral as one thing and it ends up not being that the buyer will be upset. Always better to be safe than guess and sell it as a monti than a sunset monti for example;)
I agree, just giving an example of what it could be with that color scheme.:) I have one and it is a gorgeous piece.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I agree, just giving an example of what it could be with that color scheme.:) I have one and it is a gorgeous piece.
+1 sounds like a sunset monti, just google "sunset monti" and see if a bunch of pictures show up just like yours.... If not, then its something else, that's what I always do when someone gives me a possible name for my coral

1 - 6 of 6 Posts