Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this little things on my glass that look like snowflakes, very small...i tried to get a pic, but it didnt come out clear enough to post.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sounds like coraline algae starting to grow mine look exactly like snow flakes as they're developing. It'll turn a blue or purple once its grows probably. Its a good thing to have in your tank nothing to worry about. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
If it is reef stars and you don't want them get yourself a harlequin shrimp they will eat every last one of them and they are really cool to have as well.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've heard they were feather duster larva. I actually had a feather duster in/on one so I tended to believe that. I always clean the front glass so I can see but leave the back to do whatever. Also, if it is in a snail line it could be snail eggs. As far as snowflake shape, if you can tell the shape and it's that big I would believe algae.
Let me know though cuz now I am interested to find out :p

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they are white, they have five or six arms....not like the little stars i see...much smaller. they flow kinda like a duster, but really look them. i will try to get a picture.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats it....oh no...after hearing the name i remember seeing some posts about these guys they are bad.... right?

G

·
I wouldn't say hydroids are harmless. Quite a few sting corals,fish & you.. I can/will take a tank over. But that is hydromedusae (Staurocladia oahuensis) AKA....Hydroid Jellyfish and generally nothing to worry about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts