Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-09/eb/index.php

"Trial 1 - effect of 50mg/l dose on nudibranchs over two hours

I dissolved 50mg potassium permanganate (Sigma, Inc.) in 1000ml aquarium water in a shallow plastic dish. I removed 25 nudibranchs from a single plating colony of Montipora (MS1) and placed them into the container with the solution. I placed another 25 nudibranchs into another shallow plastic dish with only 500ml aquarium water. The following timeline describes the effects as viewed under a Nikon dissecting microscope:................."

check the artical for the rest of the info, good stuff to know about, for futre refreance for anyone that is into SPS!!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Yep, this is a good article. I remember reading it a couple months back. The only thing thats not good about it is that his treatment recommendations are not for full tank treatment. In my opinion, it would be very difficult to completely eliminate all nudi's in a tank by treating individual corals in a qt. Additionally, monti's are usually completely encrusted on your LR so it would be next to impossible to treat all of your montis in a tank with lots of other sps.
However, on a positive note, this does show some promise for the future. I'm sure eventually someone will figure out a way to treat in tank and be done with those ugly little monsters once and for all!!-devil

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to take them all out ind QT them for at least 1-2 months after ther are no more pieces of monti left in your tank, I think it was also meant to be more a preventative messuer. Like diping ALL incomeing acro in INterceptor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts