Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what this is..It is a deep brown/reddish color....about as big as a quarter. I found it on a rock when I was cleaning. If it is aptasia, I have never seen one this big. I have killed 3 very small ones in my sump...Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Yes, they can actually get quite large if left unchecked. At the Trop they have several bigger than that in their fish tanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mr.Bob said:
Sworden, she has aptasia. Your picture is the same as his.
I know, I was just trying to be funny, as the one in my picture was huge (lesson learned, don't feed aptasia brine shrimp). :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
sworden said:
I know, I was just trying to be funny, as the one in my picture was huge (lesson learned, don't feed aptasia brine shrimp). :)
Sounds familiar. I had one I never noticed right ib the upper corner ofthe tank that food went towards. Until one day I noticed something take some mysis and such, bent down and there was a huge aptasia, opps.....LOL

·
Registered
533 Posts
go to chowhound on 28th and eastern... You will see some hugggeee ones and lots of them... guess they have a naturalistic approach if you cant kill em' grow em'.

·
Registered
191 Posts
LOL @ the huge ap. i also learned that lesson doing FOWLR a few years back. good thing i never bought coral. I had a ton of them guys in there from feeding them, about 5 or 6 big'ns and quite a few smaller ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts