Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a JBJ 28 gallon all-in-one with a MH light and stand. Does anyone have any experience with this setup?

I could use any advice.

I am planning 1 RBTA, 2 true percs, 1 clam and lps, zoas, palys, and softs.

FN

·
Registered
135 Posts
You should do very nicely with your intended stock.

I had a JBJ Nano Cube with a nanotuners hotrodded canopy. Mine wasn't MH, but I could keep anything I wanted in that tank. My only problem was things did so well that I ran out of room quickly.

My tank tended to run a little warm (78 -80), but everything did fine for about 2 years. I had a crocea in there with palys, hammer, xenia, blue-green chromis, banggai, 6 line wrasse and clean up crew.

My only recommendation would be to add an in-tank pump for some extra flow. I installed a little minijet 400 in the back left corner of my tank on the bottom and pointed the output toward the front glass. This created a nice flow around the front/bottom of the tank. I had this extra pump connected to my timer so it went off at night.

Have fun and good luck,

Jerry

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
http://www.michiganreefers.com/potm/potm_april_2006/potm_april2006.htm

Based on my experiance you can be very successful with one of these. This is the 24 as well but the new version should be better! I out grew mine as well but its a place to start. I always thought about a clown/anenome tank. I would get the before any other corals and let the rbta settle in. Maybe it won't be so inclined to move around and sting your other corals. jmho Good luck!

·
Registered
993 Posts
schminksbro said:
http://www.michiganreefers.com/potm/potm_april_2006/potm_april2006.htm

Based on my experiance you can be very successful with one of these. This is the 24 as well but the new version should be better! I out grew mine as well but its a place to start. I always thought about a clown/anenome tank. I would get the before any other corals and let the rbta settle in. Maybe it won't be so inclined to move around and sting your other corals. jmho Good luck!
Nice set up , meticulously put together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts