Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a jbj nano cube and the filter s u c k s. I have alot of dirt or w.e its called just floating on the surface and when i look at the filter hole on the back wall thats suppose to be sucking things into it, there is little to no suction going on. Nothing goes into the filter. Do i need an extra pump or something to put at the bottom of the first filer? I also have the surface skimmer than u put over the hole but it doesn't stay on because there is no suction. Please help me out. If you can text me 2485680054, that way its quicker since i dont go on here too often. Thanks

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Is there something blocking the pump in the third chamber? Sounds like either its blocked or you don't have a strong enough pump in there.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Definitely sounds like a turnover issue, as previously stated make sure your return pump is clear and flowing well, the turnover should pull that through the chambers in the back, if that is blocked or weak you will get waste sitting on the top of the water. May want to consider just swapping it for an MJ600/900 or so. I ran into the same issue on my 29g when I added a skimmer to the first chamber, it blocked the return too much on the top so I couldnt get the necessary turnover. Had to modify a few things, but resolved the issue with more turnover between the DT and the chambers.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
My first aquarium was a JBJ 24g nano. First thing I did (before even leaving the store) was buy a better return pump...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Do you have the little surface screen to put over the inlet screen on the back wall? I have a 12g I use for frags and it didn't come with one. It will allow the surface water to suction Into the back.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's definitely the return pump. I used a mj1200 on mine and it did well. With the back chamber it's easy for crap to get stuck in it and clog it up if it hasn't been cleaned every week or so. I would get a new one quick because your oxygen levels are going to be way down from the lack of circulation

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts