Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started a new adventure with a 3 gallon curved glass JBJ Picotope Pico Reef tank. This will most likely prove to be a bigger pain than its worth, but I work a call center job where I will be able to sit at my desk for 40 hours a week appreciating my tank. So, I can only hope it works out well. Set it all up yesterday, thus far running the included "Pico Powerfilter", which allegedly pushes out 40 g/hr and a 9 watt Compact Florescent bulb with a 50/50 7100K Blue and 10K White Bulb. They claim its powerful enough for Zoos and Mushrooms, but I may upgrade both of these later on in order to possibly add some LPS or SPS corals. Below are pictures of the tank before and after I added 6 lbs of live rock.

I plan to add a 25 or 50 watt heater as my ambient temperature is around 75 degrees and thus far my tank temp is only 72 degrees after sitting for 24 hours. Any suggested additions for the future or a possible lighting/filter change out are appreciated. I'll post soon about what's going on.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Day 3- Bigger Filter :)

Ok, I got an AquaClear 50. Unfortunately, I didn't have my water jug at work so I had to add a little bit of filtered fresh water from my work refrigerator just so the filter would actually function. Gonna add a bit more salted RO water tomorrow along with a pinch of Instant Ocean to let the salinity get back to 1.024 from the 1.020 its at now. BTW I've added two days worth of Bacter Vital in order to help the tank to cycle. Heater will probably come tomorrow or Friday.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cool little tanks, the aquaclear is a common upgrade from what i've read before. Some do small LED fixtures on them I believe.

Keep the updates coming. =)

~Fred

1 - 3 of 3 Posts