Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the hobby but have been lucky to have some good advice. The friend I had help set up my tank moved. I am just looking for some one in the Royal Oak Troy area to help guide me.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm located in clawson and willing to help if needed, also I recommend you check out Atlantis fish store on 14 mile and bywood, they are pretty good guys there.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Never been there but, I've heard good stuff about Moby Dicks in Waterford. Fish docs of Canton, Fish Docs of Yipsi, Tropicorium and Twins Tropical Fish are all good places with some good people running them.

·
Registered
715 Posts
What are your cross streets? I may be able to swing by. Keep in mind every reefer has their own personal way of doing things and rarely is there a wrong way. Take the opinions you receive with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Amazon Stingrays is a great place. It is in clawson on 14 mile just up from Atlantis. The guy there is Pat and he is very helpful. He has been adivising me since I have started in this hobby about a year ago. He will sit there and talk with you and explain stuff and doesnt try to sell you anything. He is always willing to help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used to live in Royal Oak myself.

Pat is helpful though his selection there isn't the greatest.

Atlantis...I started out loving them...and in the end it seemed like they'd do anything to sell me something if I really needed it or not.

Stingray Bay on 9 mile in Eastpointe is nice, Kee's up in Utica is nice and Oceans and Seas on Gratiot in Roseville has a nice selection.

For advice you are probably best asking around here. If I lived in RO i'd swing by and give you 'some' advice though i'm no expert.

I'd definitely hit up Ryan (Fragster) if he can swing by. I just got some frags from him and he has a beautiful setup and really seemed to know what he was talking about. =)

~Fred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts