Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you use a kalk reactor do you put it in line with your ATO because it has to be mixed with freshwater, what if your tank evaporates to much to were your ph raises to high because of the kalk or it does not evaporate enough to where your not dosing enough for your corals?

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts

On my 90 gallon SPS frag tank I was not getting enough evaporation and the ATO would only go off once or twice a day. I modified my Apex to only dose 1 minute the first hour and now it keeps the ph at 8.3 with the same amount of evaporation. See the below graph. The blue line is PH the red is when the Ato doses. In conclustion if you use kalk via ato and dont get enough evaporation then only dose a little every hour. The Jump at 6:00 is two part which I was using previous using.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I use an Avast Marine works kalk stirrer. It sits on top of a resevoir of RODI water. I have it turn on for 5 minutes every 30 minutes. It maintains my PH at 8.2 - 8.4 (Night/Day). You will need to find out how much your tank evaporates in a day. You will then need to find a doser that can match that evaporation rate. Frequent smaller dosages of Kalk are much better than larger infrequent dosages of kalk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts