Michigan Reefers banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Hate To Be Mean But I Have To Say That Kees Aquarium Is The Worst Pet Store Around. There Workers Are Very Disrespectful And Act Like You Dnt Know What Your Talking About. Recently I Went In There And Was Pressured To Move Fast And Buy Things. I Am Completely Aware Of How To Run My Tank And I Dnt Like To Be Mislead By There Awful Ways To Make Sales!!!!!!!! I Can Truly Say That Stores Like That Make Me Wanna Quit The Hobby. Sry For Flaming

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
WOW, Pretty harsh words for your first post ever! Kee's is one of the BEST and most Knowlegible stores around. If you went in during the BIG sale Im sure they were incredibly busy and might not have had the time to spend with you due to the high volume sale that was going on. Maybe you should make sure brain is engaged befour the mouth!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did not go during the big sale. the people there just want to take your money. they are not men of their words. they may be knowledgeable but dontuse it in a good way. i was hurried and looked at like i was dumb. i dnt appreciate ppl questioning my knowledge. alng with that when i did first get into the hobby it seemed as if the ppl didnt care to help. just my own opinion

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Ps, We can see your new to Reefing and this Forum, But I think this post should be in the Vendor Experiences ! O buy the way, Welcome...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not new to reefing. reefing is supposed to be a fun hobby when a fish store dsnt treat you right it takes the fun out of it, i am completely threw going there. and its not as if i wasnt spending mney there

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
One of Kees employees, Jason has almost 2500 posts on this forum. The bulk of these posts are in an effort to help others. He does not get paid to do so. There are several employees at Kees who know very little about saltwater. They usually help people with other things. Kees has been a thriving business for many years. They have expanded in the last couple of years. They didn't grow into the store that they are now because they treat people poorly. They receive fantastic reviews in the vendor experiance forum regularly. Their prices are very competitive on most items.
At 0-3 months experiance you are what most would consider a "newbie". I have about 3 1/2 years experiance and consider myself a novice. Pet stores deal with different people with varying knowledge. They have no idea what you know. There are thousands of products available and not all are equal. You can waste enormous quantities of cash without knowledge or quality advice. Although the lfs is in business to make money they also want their customers to be happy with the product that they purchase. Knowing the experiance level of a particular individual helps. By the way, Welcome!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Goodman G, I will welcome you to our board and respectfully ask that you watch your tone. We are a friendly community and do not respond positively to poor attitudes. You've made your case against Kees, leave it at that.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
GoodmanG said:
I Hate To Be Mean But I Have To Say That Kees Aquarium Is The Worst Pet Store Around. There Workers Are Very Disrespectful And Act Like You Dnt Know What Your Talking About. Recently I Went In There And Was Pressured To Move Fast And Buy Things. I Am Completely Aware Of How To Run My Tank And I Dnt Like To Be Mislead By There Awful Ways To Make Sales!!!!!!!! I Can Truly Say That Stores Like That Make Me Wanna Quit The Hobby. Sry For Flaming
You're pathetic. Kee's is a great pet store and you won't find anyone on here who agrees with you. Sorry, but go join another forum.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Not sure where your coming from!

GoodmanG said:
not new to reefing.
Then why does your reef experience in your profile say 0-3 months.

GoodmanG said:
reefing is supposed to be a fun hobby when a fish store dsnt treat you right it takes the fun out of it,
Why would you make such a blanket statement? When you have a hobby and don't understand how you would let one store take the wind out of your sail. It sounds like you just want to bash Kee's for no good reason.

GoodmanG said:
i am completely threw going there. and its not as if i wasnt spending mney there
No retailer likes to lose a customer, but you can't please everyone. I have been doing business with Kee's for 17 years. They are some of the nicest and most helpful people around. Their staff is great. You might want to look in the mirror. I don't think the problem is/was Kee's. I think the problem is you!

In closing, since you just joined this forum this month, I don't really understand were you get off posting such negative comments. You need to keep your comments to yourself, or better yet... take your ball and go home. No one wants a winer or complainer, especially on their 5th post.

·
Registered
554 Posts
GoodmanG said:
You are entitled to your opinion, though it is a rather harsh one. You will find though that you are in the minority when it comes to Kees. They've been great to me and pretty much everyone else on this board. They are one of my favourite stores. Sometimes they are busy and I have to wait my turn but they are also the ones who are willing to stay open past closing time so that I can get everything that I need. Thumbs up to Kees!!!

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
This sounds like a member on here just created a new screen name and is trying to start trouble. I wouldn't doubt if it an employee of an LFS that can't compete with Kee's. What a joke. Nice try but no one on here would buy this in a million years.

P.S. I have a good idea who it could be since not many people capitalize the first letter of every word.;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
This sounds like a member on here just created a new screen name and is trying to start trouble. I wouldn't doubt if it an employee of an LFS that can't compete with Kee's. What a joke. Nice try but no one on here would buy this in a million years.

P.S. I have a good idea who it could be since not many people capitalize the first letter of every word.
Im sure the admins could figure it out. I logged into my account from a friends house, who is also a MR member, and was promptly sent a warning about having multiple accounts.

The issue with Kees... I have only been there once so I cant say much about them. Im sure if you had a problem with something, AND YOU TALKED TO MANAGEMENT, the problem would be rectified. Theres no need to come in here and flame them.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Member,

Please note that we have banned the member that was involved with this thread
after an investigation we have noticed that this member posting this thread had violated several member rules mostly by creating a duplicate account with the name of GoodmanG just so he/she could post this misleading thread about Kee's Aquarium. As far as I am concerned this is a false accusation about Kee's and was posted intentionally to try and post false information.

We have also posted this members other account after finding who it was. The member that created this violation was a member since November 27th 2007. To protect the identity of this member we will not make a public announcement but have warned this member that if they attempt to create another member name we will BAN them for good off our site.

We are locking this thread but wanted to keep it visible so that members who read the original post can see that it was a false accusation.

Thank Again
MR Staff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.