Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been changing my mind about saltwater tanks for a long time. I had tank of all sizes its seems from 30 gallon to 300 gallon. I see something and I want to build it. So here is my next idea.... looking for general feedback, ideas, positives or negatives, advice or feedback.

The pic posted is just an example of what I would try to recreate. I like the idea of a shallow tank with rocks out of the water and having a water pumped to the top and flow down. Not sure how many plants I would do but for sure lots of corals and fish. I want the tank to look as natural as possible.

Again, give me advice, ideas, whatever. Like to hear if im crazy or is this something pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I agree. I'd love to have something like this... maybe even more of a pond where you just look down from above. The emergent rockwork looks awesome and the addition of some emergent plants would be very cool as well. I imagine those mangroves can really suck up the nutrients and therefore be quite beneficial filtering aids. Though you do have to be careful with them as their roots will grow wherever they can... including the sealant in the corners of your tank. As you can imagine, this would be a bad thing so definitely proceed with caution.

Overall, a superb idea! Make sure to post some pictures!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will for sure post pics if I decide to move ahead. I been researching tank size but looks as most of them are custom made. The only tank that would work that is not custom is a 30 breeder. Do you think that it would work or look for something custom?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.