Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large brain coral I bought "damaged" What would I need to do to help this guy back to health?

I can take pics later when I get home.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was told to do spot feeding on it.... and someone said maybe try at night when the tentacles are out, but otherwise I don't know much about brains.

G

·
spot feeding wont ever hurt, how bad of shaoe is it in. I purchase one about 4 mths ago that had tissure recession on over half of it, it has slowly come back and now looks better then ever.

You got any pics of what yours looks like?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can take pics after the gym tonight if I remember or tomorrow.... basically there are these sharp...skeletal looking pieces along the outside edges. Not sure how they're supposed to look since I've never seen a brain in person or had one myself.

G

·
I almost lost my bali green, resided prolly 75% about 1 1/2 months ago & is now larger & healthier then before....The Green fell of in pieces & turned purple before it resided...Now the green is back & better then before....I didn't target feed at all...Just made sure my tank perimeters were good & left it on the substrate with mild flow..

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
hardcz said:
was told to do spot feeding on it.... and someone said maybe try at night when the tentacles are out, but otherwise I don't know much about brains.
I have a green brain. It has always been heathy but I do spot feed it about once a week. Its tentacles will come out during the day but not at night. Just like acan lords if you tease it with a little with food it will respond by extending its tentacles. I have had other lps (Blasto wellsi) with damage and they have recovered. I think you will be fine, just takes time.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
hardcz said:
can take pics after the gym tonight if I remember or tomorrow.... basically there are these sharp...skeletal looking pieces along the outside edges. Not sure how they're supposed to look since I've never seen a brain in person or had one myself.
When healthy you will see no skeleton and it will look puffy like a pillow. They fill themselves with water to shake off sediments that may settle on them. They prefer to be on a sandy substrate not rock and they will not attach. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ehh kinda like those edges...you can make this pic bigger...though I'll try to get a better one...

G

·
that looks to be sevearly bleached to me hard make shure you put it in lower light as I heard most of them like low light and not beeing in scorching light there should be some color there at least

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
currently it's about 24 inches down...on the bottom of the tank, in the new tank will be 18 inches down, using T5's HO, so shouldn't be a problem with bleaching at that point I hope.

G

·
at 24" you should be fine....Just give it some time..I know my green bali is like the energizer bunny...Do you know the type of brain?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts