Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into upgrading my biocube pcs to LEDs fairly soon... Been looking into the rapidled plug and play kit, or maybe the exocotic strips, which would be better for coral colors and growth? Any help would be awesome! Thanks guys

·
Registered
200 Posts
Exoctics

Looking into upgrading my biocube pcs to LEDs fairly soon... Been looking into the rapidled plug and play kit, or maybe the exocotic strips, which would be better for coral colors and growth? Any help would be awesome! Thanks guys
Hi, I installed a pair of Exoctics Panoramic Pros into my 24 gallon JBJ DX. I pulled all of the electronics out and installed a clear sheet of 1/4-inch plexiglas to mount the LED strips on. The strips are a Panoramic Pro 50/50 (Actinic/White 10K) and a Panoramic Pro (Pink/Blue). They don't require cooling fans and the corals seem to love them. I have SPS, LPS, and Softies. I'm not as happy with the Pink/Blue coloration; wished I'd installed all Actinic, but seems to work well. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
310 Posts
More White = more growth
More blue = more color
Depending on ur preferences the 12 white and same number ofblue is good. I personally like a 2 to one ratio. Ide suggest a dimmable kit so you can change the spectrum.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.