Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine gave me a Aqua UFO led fixture and I was wondering if this unit is any good for a reef setup? It says on the box that its 3100 lumens. Also says 6500k daylight and 430 NM lunar blue leds. I have a 60 gal 4ft long and didn't know if this would be big enough.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The light itself is a great light. My girlfriend has one on her 55 cube and she is getting fantastic growth and color. That being said I don't think it is big enough for a 4 foot tank. You may have to run two units to get the light needed across the whole tank.

·
Registered
308 Posts
They are good lights, and if you were give it, then use it :) I wouldnt bank on it covering the whole tank, so if you like it on one side, buy another...

I personally like the panel fixtures better, they seem to spread the light alot better. The UFOs are a little spot light like for my taste.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Ufo

They also have this light at a fish store at 14 and gratiot (can't think of the name) and they have 2 over a four foot tank. They also only have softies in the tank so it was hard to gauge how much intensity these lights had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.