Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a 32 watt pc light bulb and fixture, half daylight half actinic, and I was just planning on getting that as an upgrade from my 13 watt.

My first question is Is this really 64 watts? This is because what i was told was that the daylight is 32 watt and the actinic is 32 watt combining to make 64 watts. Sorry I dont think I am explaining this too well.

second I was told that my eclipse 12 gallon hood may melt from this new light, Is this true and if so what should I do to stop this? Oh ya my new light does come with a heat gaurd.

Thanks
The Noob

G

·
hey chief no a 32w pc light dose not make it a 64w total light unless it has 2 seperate 32w bulbs this means you have 2 outlets for the bulbs

from how your explaining it sounds like you have a 32w 50/50 bulb that is half actinic and half 10k each tube dose not equal 32w the hole bulb together is 32w do you understand or am I confusing you more

as for the heat I dont think you could have much of a problem if the hood is vented in the top like most eclips hoods are but if you are worried about it getting to hot you can simply add a cheap computer fan to it for cooling

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks I was sure that was what was up. I must have been confused about what the lady at the lps was talking about.

Thanks
THe noob

·
Registered
198 Posts
I used to have PC bulbs but I ended up switching them all to T5s. I like the T5s allot better. The T5s get as much light or more to the corals, they take less power and they are allot more sturdy. In my opinion the PCs are really fragile and you have to be carefull w/ them. Less heat produced w/ T5s as well.

·
Registered
408 Posts
You dont need to buy the stands for the t-5, you can hang them. I think you should use t5They are so much better looking, less heat and you can keep more corals then what you would with pc lighting.You will prob want to upgrade in the future, if you get pc
-Brandon

G

·
21" tank that makes what size and shape tank I am thinking 10g if so then that 32 watt pc will make it so you can grow virtualy anything that is a lot of light for that small tank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts