Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am currently setting up a 155g bowfront reef i want to do sps near the top and middle of the aquarium and lps and sofites at the bottom i was looking at getting 3 250w metalhalides. i was also thinking about doing the whole thing led i currently have 2 panels of leds each panel having 24 3w cree led's so i have a total of 48 leds over my 90g i was thinking if i just buy to more panels so i would have a total of 96 led's. what would you say would be my best option for what i want to do?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have yet to convert to LED's but, from what you are explaining. I would think that you are on the right track and that should be enough. How are the LED's handling over your 90? If you are currently growing what you want as far as SPS then, when you switch over, there shouldnt be any issues especially since you are talking about doubling the amount of LED's.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If you only want SPS near the top T5's would work fine for you also. As close as it seems you are on the LED's I would likely finish that way.

·
Registered
308 Posts
How do you like your LEDs now? If you like them, then double them and be even happier...

I switched to LED and love them, others don't like them. I don't use high end botique fixtures, but I still get great color and very good growth. I've used them for a few years now, So I'd say they are pretty solid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts