Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some clear mesh to cover my tank. I checked out Bulk reef supply but they only have 2ft sections available. My tank is 48x48 so that will not work at all. If anyone has some that they are willing to part with LMK via PM thanks.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
i have a great idea for you. obviously you are building a frame for this screen. build 2 frames ( 24x28) that way when feeding are messing around in the tank only half of your tank is uncovered.
i bought the rest of the screening materials at home depot they had a charcoal colored frame that looks excellent with the tank.

also call them as well. see if they can get you piece that is the size you need and have them just charge you for 2 smaller ones. i looked all over the place for this mesh when i started. its like a fishing net for commercial purposes. if you want clear, the only place that sells small amounts, is BRS.

---------- Post added 02-15-2012 at 04:21 PM ----------

Bird control netting
here is it in black

---------- Post added 02-15-2012 at 04:26 PM ----------

Oriented Nets "Net R"

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I did call BRS but was told we only sell in 2ft sections. I did not want the seam blocking light in the middle since my tank is so shallow but you have some great points there. Thanks

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Honestly i dont think a thin guage black mesh would block much light. Some of the links i found had some pretty thin materials. Good luck. But i searched for hours when i was building mine.

Sent from my Samsung Smartphone using Tapatalk. When I should be doing something more productive.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you go to home depot they have very thin bird netting. I used that and doubled it up and it works perfect. No light lost and works the same as the brs stuff. I think a roll of 4ft x25ft was like 7 bucks. Then just buy the standard screen kits to put it together. Did my tops on my 65g for 20 bucks and had more than enough left over.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys I found some clear mesh like the BRS one. Now all I have to do is figure out the rest of the build.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If you need a hand, let me know. I have built a few.

I also have as much netting as you need, if you dont mind using black.

PM me, if you need a hand.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Man I may need your guidance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts