Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where locally can you purchase Lugols Iodine - I would like it on hand for zoa's and coral dips, as per Mucho Reef.

Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
Both Kent Marine and TropicMarin offer Lugal's solution. I should imagine most shops that sell coral would have it.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I see the Kent stuff around a lot. They sell it in two forms, one is labled "KENT Iodine", and its a bigger bottle (its just diluted), and the other is "KENT Lugols Solution" (small concentrated bottle with eye-dropper cap). I have seen these available at the Fish Docs all the time, but I'm sure many LFS's carry it.

·
Banned
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any differance with iodine of the shelfs? Like at Wal-mart, Walgreens etc.

I'm not sure if they sell it there, but I'm off to the store anyways. I will check and let you all know.

Thanks,

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm not sure how much of the regular iodide/iodine stuff you would need. It takes 40 drops to one gallon for the concentrate Lugols solution for an effective dip.

Try to find Lugols for dipping. Makes life a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I believe, The Aquarium Warehouse, Choice, Oceans and Seas... Possibly Stingray bay. If you would like, you can call any of them, PM me for their #

1 - 7 of 7 Posts