Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard this story on Drew & Mike this am, so I just searched and found the story. It is published by the mainstream press, not one of those supermarket tabloids.

The story goes that this gentleman scraped himself on a tree branch. Since then, he has developed bark on his body and hands that look like branches.

This is really strange stuff. I didn't believe it on the radio but the photos....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...GGAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2007/11/12/wtree112.xml

·
Registered
695 Posts
pjr said:
The story goes that this gentleman scraped himself on a tree branch. Since then, he has developed bark on his body and hands that look like branches.
I don't think the tree thinig is relevant - or at least they are proving it isn't. He has HPV and an out of whack autoimmune system that causes cutaneous horns to grow on his hands. This gives it the brush-like appearance of leaves. Interesting stuff. You have to feel for the guy and hope the docs can help him out!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Leave it to Drew and Mike to find this.

When is Drew coming back?? I'm out of the loop 'cause I can't listen to them at work, and I start at 6AM so I miss everything.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His contract expired Jan 1. However, they are in negotiation and it appears that Feb 1 may be his return.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
adawg said:
I don't think the tree thinig is relevant - or at least they are proving it isn't. He has HPV and an out of whack autoimmune system that causes cutaneous horns to grow on his hands. This gives it the brush-like appearance of leaves. Interesting stuff. You have to feel for the guy and hope the docs can help him out!
But those lesions sure do look like bark... this is really creeps. I hope they can cure the poor guy.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
hardcz said:
thought drew was out because his mom or wife had cancer issues.
So did I:confused:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Wow!!! And I just seen a story on the news that said one in every three people in the state have HPV now, supposedly it's the fastest growing STD we have. Makes me glad I'm not on the market, I'd be paranoid as heLL.

I don't think the bark contributed to the infection either, but it does look like bark!!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jim197722 said:
Tess....Drew's Fiancée had cancer & he took care of her. I heard Feb. 1st for his return too.
Exactly True... then, in the meantime, his contract expired. There was some rumors about that he was shopping other stations, but that apparently has been squashed and he'll return to WRIF soon.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sheesh, its pretty miraculous how upbeat that guy is for going through all of that! Best wishes and prayers out to him and his family, to have that happen is just :eek: Really hope the treatment helps him regain a good portion of his life back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts