Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a 10 day vacation Sunday night. Went down to check on my tank and before I could turn the corner at the bottom of the stairs I could hear my pump did not sounds right.I double timed it to the back of the tank to see that my sump was about out of water in my return section. At first I couldn't figure it out. I had done a water change and filled up my ato with 20 gal before we left. I played around for a few minutes trying to figure it out. Unplugged my ato and tried it in another outlet with no luck. I then unplugged the ato pump and straightinto an outlet. The pump was still working. Plugged everythign back in and looked around a bit more when I noticed the probelm. My ato sensor in the sump fell off the glass and to the bottom of the sump. Luckily I whink it was only this way for a day or so. I check my salinity and everythign seemed fine. I then slowly brought back up the water level checking the salinity every few minutes as to not drop it to much. I was pretty concerned at first but after checking on things last night everything looks ok. I think I am going to try and rig somethign up before our next vacation to avoid this from happening again , even though it may not.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Good thing everything is still in line. I agree, magnet holders are the way to go with just about anything that needs to be attached.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will definelty look into magnets. I guess I really never gave it much thought since I have not had it happen befroe while i was gone. My biggest fear usually is that I forgot to plug the ato back in. I guess this was about as close as you can get to that. As far as i can figure it didnt fall loose till maybe the last few days. There was some water used up from where it was when we left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts