Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some of the post on removing them and I was hoping someone here has had some good luck with doing so. Starting over is not a option, like I read in some of the posts. I've tried joe's juice and kalk with little luck. they go away for a while but always return with more friends. Looking for a point in the right direction.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had a small outbreak of 4-5 aiptasia and a mojano , that was cured with peppermint shrimp. The shrimp hide so you don't see them do it but that's what the lfs said would happen. It took about a week for them to touch the mojano, it was a little bigger than the rest, but I have been nusciense free for about a week and a half

G

·
peppermint shrimp will help control them when small...I have a 100% rate with joes juice.....Don't stab it in them...let them eat it. they should disolve...good luck

·
Registered
167 Posts
The only thing I have found that works is prying them off with a small screwdriver with the rock out of the tank. They have alot weaker hold than aiptasia and usually pop off easy. I have had little success with Joes and they come back with more.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Joe's Juice have never worked for me but cooking the rock work great. Not in the oven but basicly putting your rock in a dark peroid for a feww months.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
personally, I've NEVER EVER seen a pepperment shrimp eat a majano anemone. Yes to aptasia.. But majano is different. Very few natural predators. Joes Juice does work, but you have to make sure it is totally covered... It actually got so bad in an old tank of mine I took all the rock out and boiled it... essentially killing EVERYTHING in the rock.... While this is very extreme and not something I would NOT recommend... Unless you can reach all the majano to either manually remove it..... zap it with joes juice or a kalk paste... it will continually come back.... It is most definetly a PIA

good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts