Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down the road (probably 2 years, depending on my wife's job situation), we're looking at getting a fairly large tank, in the 270g range most likely. I like to plan things ahead of time, so I wanted to look at where we could get the tank built. We haven't decided between acrylic and starfire glass yet (we've been back and forth on that debate for a long time), so I'm looking for both. I also know the limits of my personal DIY ability, so we'd also be buying the stand, so we'd prefer a place that can do both in one shot.
We also want to help the MI economy as much as possible, so we'd prefer in-state companies.

Acrylic: IPI (I don't remember if Grand Rapids or Midland area). It seems that they sell through retail places, and not directly. They do sell through Premium Aquatics, which is definitely a consideration, but, again, I'd like to go local as much as possible for this.

Tenecor and Casco: I know there are plenty of stores around here that can order from them, so we'd be good on the retail end, but, again, since they're based in AZ, we'd prefer to go more local. Casco at least has regional places in Ill.

Envision I know builds nice aquariums, but they're based in OR, and, as far as I've seen, don't sell through any local stores (of course, we've just started looking).

Glass: Great Lakes Aquariums. They're even more local, since they're SE MI.

I'm sure there are other places around, so fill me in.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I would go with a starphire w/ black silicone from great lakes. They do great work and are very easy to get along with.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Sorry, but to to rules regarding commercial solicitation in non-sponsor forums, I've had to delete the posts from vendors.

While they WERE helpful, this is a tricky issue, and has triggered an internal review - Wolverine DID ask for that information, and the sponsors gave it... but it violates our rules.

SPONSORS: For those of you who replied, Pls. PM wolverine with the details moving forward. If you can't recall what you posted, PM me, and I'll copy and paste it for you from the backup copy.

Thanks for understanding, but we can't allow vendors - especially NON SPONSORS, to post solicitations.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Didn't I post somethin here too?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I know I posted here, too. And I'm not a vendor. Seriously, if you guys are going to delete everything that refers to vendors then this thread is useless.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
stronghandsmcgee said:
I know I posted here, too. And I'm not a vendor. Seriously, if you guys are going to delete everything that refers to vendors then this thread is useless.
Do you work for a store?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts