Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been to their new location? It's pretty cool, not only do they sell adult soda's and have a place to eat nuts, they have a mini museum of brewing with old stills and hops and such. If you're driving by it's worth a stop to see that stuff if you're interested in it. It's only one room, so not really a huge stop but hey it's different and pretty cool.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
They have some tasty beverages in there. It's a little roomier than the old place.

It would make a great stop for you metro folks on the way home from the upcoming MMMC frag swap...just make provisions to keep your frags warm.:eek:rder

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was there two months ago. I was meeting a girl, and that was our location. I panicked because I promised my husband beer, and it looked like they were closed! I like the old place better - it had such great character. But, I feel the same way about Founders here in GR...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Go on there website and I map quested there address. Has anyone heard of kunhenn brewery.(not sure if I spelled kunhenn right) They are on mound road between 13 and 14 mile. I go there every once in a while I like there nice adult drinks-devil

brad

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Argent said:
they've moved from behind the gas station??? where to?

I liked the old place :(
Say you're going north, the old one was on the right, you turn right at that I think it's a light, basically the first street, drive down maybe 1/6 mile and it's on the right.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I've only been to the Homebrew part of the place, but their new homebrew area is much nicer. That reminds me, I've been meaning to swing down there to get a new kit.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hmmm.... sounds like ya liked the place!

Kunhenn brewery makes some great (and some just plane strange) beers! I always look forward to seeing them at the Summer Beer fest in Ysp.

As for MBC, their IPA is tied with DFH 60 min and Bells 2 harted as my favorite IPA. (Which is one of my favorite styles!)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mission Man said:
This monday or Mandatory monday?
lol mandatory monday?

Jan 28th or feb 4th...

I'd put together a group buy but.... we can't endorse drinking on this site.... so I'm gonna go up there and eat some .... peanuts yea that's it. And marvel at their $20 cases... haha

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
pjr said:
Do you think they will host a combination beer testing and frag swap? :))
That'd be pretty cool! I don't know how well it'd work out, but if it managed to be pulled off, it'd definitely be something a bit different!

·
Registered
224 Posts
tszetela said:
Kunhenn brewery makes some great (and some just plane strange) beers! I always look forward to seeing them at the Summer Beer fest in Ysp.

As for MBC, their IPA is tied with DFH 60 min and Bells 2 harted as my favorite IPA. (Which is one of my favorite styles!)
I agree with Tim on Kuhnhenn. Great beers...HIGH powered beers...and some that are quite unique. Their line at the Summer Beer Fest in Ypsi is always one of the longest.

MBC's IPA is one of my favorites as well. I'd probably have to give the top honors to Bell's Two Hearted, though...but by a slim margin only. Dark Horse's Crooked Tree IPA is up there as well.

Man, I'm getting thirsty now!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts