Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both caulerpa and cheato in sump. They have been there for about 2 months. The caulerpa has more then doubled but the cheato hasnt grown at all. They are seperated and get about 12 hours of a 6500k bulb a day. Anyone have ideas?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
puck34696 said:
I have both caulerpa and cheato in sump. They have been there for about 2 months. The caulerpa has more then doubled but the cheato hasnt grown at all. They are seperated and get about 12 hours of a 6500k bulb a day. Anyone have ideas?
The caulerpa is probably taking the nutrients. I would get rid of it, put your lights on 24/7 and the real magic, add some iron once a month. It seems Cheato need it to keep growing. I use a cap full of Flourish once a month. Many on here have had problems keeping it growing until they started supplementing iron.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for the reply. What will the cheato remove that the caulerpa wont? since the caulerpa is growing so good whats the benefit of removing it and waiting for the cheato to grow?

G

·
cheato won't root to anything...Meaning it won't permantly attach to your rock...& cheato won't turn sexual..Meaning take over your tank...With all the headaches you can get from your tank..The smart choice is to remove a possible 1...IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts