Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a rimless aquarium with an 8 x 80 ATI Sunpower hanging above the tank. I just purchased the Moon Light Controller with two extra pods for my Reef Keeper Elite. I just got the unit in the mail and I cannot decide how to mount the pods. What would be the best and cleanest way to mount above the tank?

James

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just installed the same pods last night on my tank, but mine has a wood canopy so it was a easy.

I am thinking why not use some good 3M double-sided tape and just tape them to the back side of your lighting fixture so you cant see them? Not sure how your lights look/cover your tank but its just a thought. lets see a pict.

btw, i was loving the moon light last night!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a 72" Aquactinics Constellation with 6 LED pods (2 lights each) hooked up to it (RKE moonlight module). I just bought some adhesive velcro and cut it to fit the underside of the little lights and put the opposing velco along the rear horizontal bottom edge of the fixture. I can easily move them around, and even give them a slight forward agle to spread the light across the tank - it works great. I've used this method for years and have not had one come loose yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.