Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was referred to this site several months ago by someone on reef2reef. I am currently attending medical school in Missouri and will be moving to the Wyandotte area to finish my clinical education at Henry Ford Hospital. My wife and I are going to be coming to look for an area to live in around Wyandotte and I wondered if anyone had any good suggestions. We were thinking of possibly the Deerborn area, but Im really open to any suggestions anywhere with in 20 minutes of Wyandotte. Looking for somewhere reasonably priced, and a safe area to live. Any suggestions would be great!

Also, if anyone has any great advice on moving aquariums I could use that as well. I will be studying like crazy until I take my boards on the 18 of June and will be moving that week to start at the hospital on the 25th of June. This doesn't give me alot of time for properly taking down the tank or setting it up when I get there to minimize casualties to coral and fish. So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and it will be great to have some fish friends again.

Here's a picture of my 60gallon cube a few months back.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Wyandotte is a great town, especially for somebody young to live in. Lots to do.

Look into Trenton if you plan on having kids, Grosse Ile if you are in a bit higher income level, but not necessity.

Living close to work is very nice, I'd definitely look into Wyandotte if it was me. Heck if I had to do it over again, I'd skip Trenton and go to Wyandotte.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Welcome here! When move time gets close post about moving you reef. Cant tell the size but it looks like it is not over 50 gallons. You will need rubbermaid storage totes and or garbage cans. Make the drive onlt 1 day long. If I remember it is only around 8 hours or less. Repost when closer to move date and will give you more info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts