Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking to start up a small tank in my room just for corals and maybe a small fish. I went to press pets today and ended up leaving with some of the best live rock I've seen and an 8G Innovative Maine Nuvo. I've already noticed some Xenia, zoas, snake polyps, sponges, some kind of macro algae, pods, and worms.... some great rock, highly reccomend preuss pets, most complete pet store I've ever been too.

Contents:
  • 8G Innovative Marine Nuvo
  • 50 watt heater
  • 9 lbs of LR
  • 10lbs of LS

Couple of Questions:

Are the lights good enough for corals?
8watt LED 6x1watt daylight 14k led 4x.5 Actinic Blue

They said they were at the store but eveyone wants to make money, they have par readings on the innovative marine site but I don't understand them.

The pump that came with it is 95 gph, should I add another small pump, the flow seems light?

Any suggestions on anything I should add? All comments welcome, lemme know what you think, thanks.

What kind of macro is this?

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
I would add more light and flow. It's a darn nice tank though. Preuss Pets is a darn nice store as well. The light is ok for low light corals. Not for growth or higher light corals.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ultimate HitchHiker

Today I found The greatest HitchHiker..... A sexy shrimp.... yes... A sexy shrimp. I was so pumped lol just hope this little guy lasts the cycle, if i even have one.

Picture of the tank:

Fav Rock:

Dragons Breath?? Im pretty sure it is but not sure

Green Zoa Hitchhiker. Does this zoa have a name?

Small Zoas:
will these guys move closer to the light? unfamiliar with corals

·
Registered
532 Posts
That's awesome! I've never heard of someone getting a sexy shrimp as a hitchhiker! I love mine! He's a goofy little guy. He never leaves his Ricordea.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Red turf can overgrow things from what i've read.

Great looking LR! Best i've seen for sure. I'll have to drive over there on my next tank setup to get some good stuff to seed!

~Fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts