Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what you guys think... Got a tap light led puck at home depot for $5 and some blue putty tape for $2, going to wrap the putty around the edge of the light and stick it to the back of my 29 bio when I get the intank fuge basket, think this will work ok to grow some chaeto and pods?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'm not sure. What is the spectrum that light puts off? Just having light in general wont work if it is not the right spectrum. Its a great idea if it is in the right spectrum.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Add some duct tape and a coat hanger and it almost reminds me of days long ago... I once had 4- 48" NOFL lights over a 29 gallon standard tank with a fuge beside for the extra 18" of bulbs.. The fuge was a 18 gallon plastic tote with a conduit bulkhead sealed up with silicone and fed by a powerhead.. (this whole setup looked as awesome as you can imagine) but man did it grow chaeto and coraline, and some lower light corals like crazy! Must have been the 2- 6500k daylight FL bulbs and the color+ I had in there. The Actinic 420nm added a little pop, nothing like VHO Super actinics do, but I thought it looked awesome at the time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure the spectrum but the box says something like super bright white led so I'm assuming min 6500k which should be fine for chaeto I think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts