Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I picked up a 12gal nano for my wife, she wanted a tank of her own to play with. the moisture from the tank get inside the hood /lid when the light is off, when the light trys to turn on I hear a snap...... no light. I leave the lid open for a few day and once its dry inside I see the light.

This is the second time it has happend i took cover for the light off and made sure it was sealed and it was.... the bulb is still good. I just need to know if anyone else has a moisture problem w/the nano's.

sorry for all the babble
Thanks everyone
Joel

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a 29gallon biocube and it has a clear plastic cover that covers the lights. This seals it to keep the water out, is it possible that your cover is missing?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a BioCube 14 and it does have a rubber gasket that goes in between the light shield and the hood ... Did you buy the tank used?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah, or contact the company ... I know Oceanic has been awesome with me. I bought mine used and some things started to go ...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I fried my ballast.

I found a ballast for $50
I's a 12gallon, I found a new tank for $100:confused:

I guess it was just time, I was told there isnt a gasket for the light cover
on the JBJ 12 Gal nano.

anyone have any ideas, other than the $50 dollar route....... If I'm going to spend $50 than I shoud get everything new for $100.
please help w/ballast.

thank you
joel

·
Registered
553 Posts
Try this.

I have done this a few times now. I popped the ballast on my BC14 and replaced it with this mod. I also added a 3rd bulb with this method too. Both have been running for months now.

If you decide to do this, you might want to go to Ace Hardware for the bulbs. They regularly have them on sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts