Michigan Reefers banner
2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  woodguy 
#1 ·
i have a skeletor eel, always eats great, salinity is right on, temp is on point, did 2 30 gallon water changes, my eel isnt eating, and is laboring breathing, its been a week since hes eaten, he usually eats dailey, i cant see anything visually on him, theres no marks, no tank mates that would mess with him, any advice would be greatly appreciated

#3 ·
did 2 30 gallon water changes, my eel isnt eating, and is laboring breathing,..

its been a week since hes eaten, he usually eats dailey
How big is this tank? 60 gallons can be quite stressful. Plenty of parameters that could be skewed off point. Did you stir up the sediment, or did the tank go cloudy while you were monkeying around?

That's a lot of food, and then a lot of poo from you know who...not eating for a week shouldn't be that big of a deal.

How long have you had it?

#4 ·
hes still very small, ive had him about 8 months, always a busy eel. tank never went cloudy, i run a g4 skimmer, filter sock, changed every week, and cheato in the fuge, water stays good, theres only a pearlscale butterfly and a half black angel, along with a chocolate chip star and a general star. i will check my levels again today and post them

#8 ·
water is 75
salinity 1.024
kh 9.3
ph 7.8
ca 350
ammonia less than 0.25
i ran out of nitrate test, im going to drain my fuge, add another baffle before the cheato and rock, get better flow through that chamber, maybe im building nitrates in there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.