Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Im getting a little overwelmed over here trying to decide what i really need as for dosing. As for corals I have zoos, and a variety of softies for the most part, nothing too complex. however I would like to start doseing proper elements to make them happier. I was going through some mag. and see a bunch of stuff from buffers, iodide and iodine, strontium and molybdenum, calcium, magnesium and iron, kalk, alk and calc.:eek: !! I did some reading and some of them seem to do the same or similar as the others. My question is what are the minumum essentials people use in there reef tank? Or do you dose all of them? Pleae all info is apprieciated.

Thanks, nick

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
For a softie/zoo tank you really don't need to do much.

I'd get a test kit for alk,cal,nitrate, and magnesium.

I'd set up an auto topoff with kalkwater, and adjust as necessary.

Cheap, easy, and foolproof.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The only thing I dose is Ca, Alk and Mg. I find everything else to be unnecessary. For your tank, I dosing isn't going to be on a strict schedule as the corals you have don't rapidly use them up.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i would not dose anything for a soft coral tank. monthly 20% water changes will add everything you need. just make certain you use ro/di water for your water changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts