Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas or plans to build a canopy for my all glass 210 gallon tank ( 72x24x29 ).I would like to be able to match it to the all glass factory black pine stand that i have.And i am only running a power compact set up on it so it does not need to be real high.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that is the stand that i have.i was told that they did not make a canopy for that size tank.Thanks Alot for the page and pics.And if you scroll down thay do not list a canopy for that size tank, but they do show a picture, weird.
dfcjr said:
http://www.aqueonproducts.com/products/classic-pine-stands-canopies.htm#

Is this your stand and is that the hood you want? If so, that hood is pretty simple to make. All you really need.....mitre saw(preferably, but can be done with a hand saw and mitre box), small compressor and brad nailer, some glue, and some measurements:D

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
The canopy in the pic is of a oak canopy I think... it doesn't look like pine to me, but that doesn't really matter since its going to be painted black.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top right picture if the black stand is the pine version that i have.
Johnos said:
The canopy in the pic is of a oak canopy I think... it doesn't look like pine to me, but that doesn't really matter since its going to be painted black.

·
Registered
52 Posts
cnaopy

There is a guy here by me that will build you stand and canopy does GREAT work and is cheap...I got a price of 350.00 to do a setup for me for my 150gal.
Takes about a week to get it back so I am sure he would set you up with what your looking for OR do it for you I can give you his info if you like.....

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
cobodito said:
I love those stands. :D Canadianzebra has some pretty awesome work. You might want to PM him.

-Scott
i'll second this. canadianzebra built my stand/canopy and it turned out great. great person to work with too. he's definately worth checking out.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I have that same stand... I'm debating on builing a canopy for it. If I do I can send you some blueprints of what I do.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That would be cool.I think i have my plan drawn up.Going to basically copy the canopy that is on my 55 with a few adjustments.But if you get plans or pics of you build, let me know.I wont be able to build mine till warmer weather as i dont have a garage or basement so it will be built outside.
Johnos said:
I have that same stand... I'm debating on builing a canopy for it. If I do I can send you some blueprints of what I do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts