Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am in progress building a canopy for my 29 gallon tank. A very simple design using 1/2 inch oak plywood. I want to add an air vent on each side of the canopy using a hole saw and a vent insert, but I can't find a vent for it, other than an aluminum vent, which I don't want.

Have any of you found wood vents or black plastic vents to use? Even those used to cover small fans would work, I think. I am not using fans though, just vents with a main fan on the back for now.

Where could I find something like this?

· Registered
271 Posts
This may sound stupid but since you arent putting fans in the vent holes what about using plan old window screen? like for your patio doors and such and just staple it to inside of canopy. Another crazy idea i have would be if you wanted to put something in the holes what about using plastic eggcrate? You could paint it to whatever color then either leave it as is or wrap it with door screen? Sorry if it sounds nuttty but thats what came to mind )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.