Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Ok Please dont get upset if Im asking a dumb ?? soon as I post this ill still be researching so dont think im just being lazy.
The whole " I wanna Nemo " thing I finally gave into. Im a freshwater person. Its cheaper and i know it. Salt water is a whole new world im just starting in. OK...the ?? Santa brought a 12 gallon Nano Cube. Its been set up since christmas day. There are damsils in there now but those are leaving and its time to get the "Nemo" in there. I was told since I used all the established rock and water that my levels are good enuff to put them in. We have so far learned that "dory" and "nemo" in reality cant live together. So today we were going to go out and get 2 nemos and an anneme. Im doing some cramming first because I have now idea what to do with an anneme?? Does it eat, where to put it and all those ??? I was told that clowns dont have to have annemes but we really want one. Is there any advise on what kind of anneme to get? are some easier that others or are they all the same?? Any info will be appreaciated and like I said, Im researching as you read this because I dont want to get it and do something wrong.....

thanks alot

·
Registered
268 Posts
Doing your research is a very good and important thing. I had 2 clowns in a 12g nano for a while. I tried an anemone and had it died. You don't need a anemone and there is no guarantee that the clowns will host it. I have a RBTA in a 35 hex and my clowns host a in a couple frogspawn and hammer corals and ignore the anemone. Anemones do eat and I feed mine a piece of krill once a week. Please do lots of research and make sure your ready for an anemone. I definetely don't feel their a good animal for a newcomer, clowns on the other hand are very hardy. BTW welcome this is a great place for advice

·
Registered
711 Posts
My first set of naked clowns, the one hosted in the torch, and did nothing with the anemone... they're crazy critters! lol. I think you can have "dori" Hippo tang, and "nemo" clown fish together, however, a nano is definately to small. I want a hippo, but i even believe my 50 gal is to small :( Once I go bigger though... I'm def. getting a hippo :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
well, FYI a "nemo" and a "dory" can live with each other! in fact i have them both and they school together. you just need a 6' tank for dory. do your research on the type of clowns you want so you know what type of anemone to get. anemones are not really for beginners and most require really strong light to survive so make sure you get good lighting.

if you have had damsels then you should be fine with a clown fish (they are in the same family of fish)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nemo but no anneme

Ok, so since im the newbie I didnt feel i could take proper care of anneme. I did however get 2 tiny clowns. The man at the store was very helpful and informative. I think were off to a good start. Thank you all for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts