Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using the Season Table to sync the tank temp? I am using the season table for sunrise midday, sunset,moon light, (LED withVDM) and flow (4 MP40s with WXM). It would be cool to also sync temp and saving on the high cost of keeping the tank at a higher temp as it is in my basement.

Right now I think the season table is in the 75 degree range. Currently I have my tank at 79. Is that temp too cold for SPS? Also how does one go about getting from 79 to 75 with SPS? They are doing well but we all know how they freak out when there is change. IN the tank I also have LPS and very high end zoas.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I have been using RT for the past year and it seems to be doing great. Heating and coolimg are way less. Also I've read a lot of stories about how coral in the wild have growth rings like trees rings. So it is a natural cycle. However, I wouldn't go down to 75 from 79 too quickly. The rt only changes the temp fractions of a degree per month. Maybe best to start in summer.

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Call.

Im going to lower to 78 and then when RT gets to 78 ill start using it. Very good point and thanks for the feedback.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Have you noticed any increase or decrease in color or growth?

Tom
You know I can't say for sure because of a number of factors. The acros went in last fall so they have only seen the temp go down. By this summer I should know better if the growth rate increases. However, I have seen a lot of growth with my LPS. In both sps and lps the polyp extension has remained good. My color could be better but that might be my lights or nutrients.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts