Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a good size clean up crew from reef cleaners and these came in as nerite snails. Since I put them in about a month ago all these snails did was climb to corners of tank and hang out in big groups. Today Now I noticed they were all in a line in one side of the tank. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I ordered a good size clean up crew from reef cleaners and these came in as nerite snails. Since I put them in about a month ago all these snails did was climb to corners of tank and hang out in big groups. Today Now I noticed they were all in a line in one side of the tank. Any ideas?

They're afraid of the water.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol they might be. I have many other species of snails that are doing great. Tank is going good everything is fine. I thought it might of been stray voltage but I don't think I have any as Iplayed around with a multi meter but I might not of been doing it right. Every single one I got is up in the corner along that side almost all the way out of the water.

·
Registered
323 Posts
They are nerites. They are found in tidal pools in the wild. It is normal for them to be out of the water here and there. I don't know if it's their way of getting used to salinity difference or what, but mine did the same thing for a month. I had one climb out of tank, down the 20 inches to the floor, 5 feet across the floor and up two feet on a door. The shell is so flat that when the snail closes in into the shell, it suction cups to the surface.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Coming out of the water is normal nerite behavior. It allows them to adjust to the changing tide pool conditions and seek out more favorable pools or doors as in reeferbabes case lol. I have two open top tanks next to each other and some of the nerites moved from one tank to the other for some reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts