Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from The Fish Guys with the two newest (and probably smallest) additions to my aquarium!

now I need to come up with names for them....

*note - the quarter is under the bowl and there for scale so you can see how small they are

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
lol, ive caught mine swimming around with pieces of food, no joke, 2/3 the size of themselves, these guys will eat, or atleast try to eat anything you put in there.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
It amazes me that they (lfs or breeders) sell them that small. At that size, they're food for about anything, including some corals! Hopefully yours do well, but it would be nice for lfs to wait until they reach a larger, hardier size. Luckily yours seem to be getting enough food, that seems to be the toughest part if they're put in a large reef system. I'd hate to see an inexperienced reefer lose them:(

They are cute though!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are the only critters in my tank with the exception of a peppermint and some hermits - and I've already put filter floss around my AC intake so they don't get sucked in. The only corals in the tank are a few zoas and a tiny plate (no bigger than they are) and a torch I just picked up as well.

The only thing that I might be afraid of is my flower nem - but I'll keep an eye on it

and they are way super cute - and fun to watch swiming with each other - I can't wait to watch them grow up!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Every single fish I've named has died - so I've stopped naming them... I've had a higher success rate without naming them - 90%.

They're definitely cute and wish you the best with them.

I miss my pair of percs that died suddenly after my skimmer collection cup overflowed. I tried to nurse them back but they were too far gone by the time I realized what had happened. They were named Danny and Sandy (from Grease) :(.

I have a small perc (I estimate less than 1 year old) that is in my 4g pico and hosts the frogspawn in there. Do you have anything for them to host?

·
Registered
327 Posts
How about Heckle and Jeckle?

I bought a pair about the same size as your. I had them in a 10 gallon refuqium for about 3 months. Then I tried to add them to my 29 gallon with a Longnosed Hawk. They were almost a tasty treat! Needless to say, I netted them out and they spent 3 more months in the 10 gallon. They're about a 1.5 inches now and in my 180 gallon reef. Great little additions! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still no names - but they are eating like pigs! :) and have started to darken up a bit more (still not easy to shoot them - have to use my flash)

And here's the torch I picked up - hoping they'll eventually host in it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts