Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys i went to the lfs today and i bought a wrasse im not sure what they called it but i cant find anything about it. all i kno was that it was a m........... wrasse ,anyone kno of a wrasse that starts with a m????

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks alot yea the color looks 100 times better in person but could not get a good pic how does everyone do it :close_tema:

yea i asked if it it was reef safe then went home like i always do just to find a little bit more info on the fish .this fish was hard to find info one but from what i have found they are reef safe and the only issue is that they mainly eat hermit crabs.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
i used to have one and they love to eat those small snails with one flat shell. i forget what they are called. he never ate any corals for me. beautiful fish but we bought a rather large one that must have been old because he slowed down for awhile then just disappear one day. if i didnt get my flasher wrasses today i would have gone with another melanarus. they are one of the best wrasses out there, and they aren't shy at all.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Dont worry it will hide for a bit. They can and will eat small ornamental shrimp and crustaceans. The can be territorial and aggressive to new additions after they have acclimated to their new surroundings.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
yeah dont be suprised if you dont see it for a couple of days, i added mine, it was fine for awhile then the next day it must have freaked out and it went into hiding for a few days. hes get acclimates soon enough

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.