Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the board, not to coral.

My first reef was a JBJ 24ga nano with CF lighting (see below) that I bought while living in St. Louis. We moved back to Michigan in 2010 and I sold the complete setup with livestock to a local reefshop in STL. Now I'm approaching my 40th b-day and see another nano in my future. I've been researching and have narrowed it down to three candidates:

RSM 130D (34 ga)
Biocube (29 ga)
JBJ nanocube (28ga)

or perhaps a used setup with drilled tank and refuge below if I can find one cheap enough. The goal is to add LED lights and start raising SPS. Hopefully someone reading this will have one of the tanks listed above for sale and PM me.

Jeff

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not sure of your budget, but the JBJ with advanced LED I think would support what you want to do and you don't ahve to DIY.

Also, Oceans and Seas and a very cool, to me, Nuevo 38 gal with high output LED as well. Don't remember the wattage on it as it has been a couple of weeks since I was up there.

Just a couple of suggestions.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can be more specific now. I am looking for a pre-drilled tank, ideally glass, with dimensions of 24-30" across the front and 18-24" front to back with an ~18" height. I've decided to bite the bullet and have a full refuge below the tank. I've done a nanocube and really liked it, but now I'm going this route. I have a line on the refuge, skimmer and pump; and also have a custom cabinet lined up. I just need the tank and I'm set to go. I plan to go to Lansing this weekend for the swap if anyone has a tank with these specifications for sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts