Michigan Reefers banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I just purchased a new hydra 26 HD fixture what I need help with is light setting and placement of how high off the water it should be. My current fixture is a AI Sol. i have that right over the hole opening protected by a splash shield tucked under the acrylic canopy witch i know that's not right. Tank specs are 24x24x24 Hex 30 tall with a additional 6" high canopy Clarity plus tank. My thought was to cut a hole in the top of the canopy and mount fixture that way and it would put it @ 6" above water. I would go higher but I have little ones at the house and don't want cars or toys thrown in the tank that's why I'm sticking with canopy. This is a LPS and fish setup 6 year setup. coral placement as of now start at 14" from the top and below. So all in all just need some direction on light settings I'm now wanting to learn light adjustments I know using a PAR meter would be the way but one thing at a time..lol :sarcastic: enough blabbering now. Any Help would be greatly be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
With only having It 6" above the water your gonna have to run the intensities pretty low for awhile as to not burn your lps. I just moved 2 of my hd's from my 180 to my 75 gallon tank and they're hanging 9" from the water. You could order the AI sol mounting rails, cut a hole in the canopy and put the rails on top of the canopy. That would give you another 4-5" of clearance plus give you better spread over your tank and give you more playability with color intensity

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understood but the majority of my stuff is on the lower end of the tank. The tank is 30 deep. So Question now is what are some settings I can start playing around with meaning color settings.

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Either run the coral acclimation program or once the lights are set up and you have the app on your phone you can specifically dial in what Kelvin temp you like... 20k, 18k, and so on and you can also dial in the intensity of the colors. For example, you could run them at 18k but only at 25% intensity. From there your just gonna have to see how things respond and go from there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts