Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
octopus

look online about toys you can put in for octopuses. They say you can put a pop bottle with food in there with the lid completely on and the octopus will open it. I guess they are extremely extremely smart. Apparently escape artists though too, people have to have completely sealed lids or they will climb out.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had a few over the years... I worked at fabulous fins in the early 90's and we got them in regularly. I did the goldfish in the bottle then, it worked he unscrewed the cap and got his food.... I also did the unsealed lid then. Got home and my mom said sorry but she refused to save him as she was afraid. BUMMER

I got him from amazon stingray... we made a trade for some mean clownfish. I'm pleased.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
How big will he get and what size tank is he in? Can you keep more than one andwhat can he coexist with? He is cool for sure

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
look online about toys you can put in for octopuses. They say you can put a pop bottle with food in there with the lid completely on and the octopus will open it. I guess they are extremely extremely smart. Apparently escape artists though too, people have to have completely sealed lids or they will climb out.
x2 They used to sell them at my LFS in St. Louis but warned that almost always they climb out and dry out.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How big will he get and what size tank is he in? Can you keep more than one andwhat can he coexist with? He is cool for sure
He's a dwarf, trying to get him ID'd at tonmo.com... depending on what kind he is and the sex, it's possible to keep more than one. He's in a 50 breeder, right around 'big enough' for him. He won't get too big, each arm is about 4" now, he may grow to be a foot across all stretched out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts