1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Some kind of acan, but what is it??

No idea what that is... Anyone??

Name for the green zoas?

Pompom Xenia maybe? Name for the red zoas?

Name for the cool looking zoa on bottom...

Got all these at the Lansing swap! What a great show! Great vendors! Had an awesome time!!

·
Administrator
2,510 Posts

Xenia is on a stalk. That is blue anthelia. It is cool but will spread quickly. Put it on its own island not touching any other rocks. I bought some a year ago and it took over all of my high end zoas over night.

You can see it in the center... there use to be zoas under that blue mat.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Def the blue anthelia your right about that, funny everything online says its diff to keep alive... I have stock pc biocube 29 and it's growing ALL over my tank even though everything says its difficult to keep haha

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's some in the back that hasn't seemed to grow or reproduce at all yet I don't know how to get rid of, as for that big piece in the front I'm gonna try and take it to LFS and get credit or something, don't want any invasive anything in my tank lol its way too small

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Funny, I thought the Blue Anthelia was xenia as well. It is not difficult to keep and grows fast. if you have a rock that you can put in a corner, up front or on the side in the sand do that. It will cover that rock and possibly grow on the glass as well. If it is allow to start growing elsewhere pull it, or it will take over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.