Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-

I've been lurking on your site for a while now but never posted, figured I should introduce myself. I didn't see an introduction forum so hopefully this is the correct place to post this.

I've been keeping reeftanks for probably 18 years or so (god that makes me feel old LOL). My husband and I moved here from Arizona a couple of years ago. We were both pretty active with the reefing community back in AZ; were active in a club there and had alot of fun. Unfortunately we took down our big tank when we moved (375 gallon display, 500+ gallon system volume). We had alot of fun with that tank; we were honored to be RC TOM back in June 2007.

Since moving, I haven't been able to get my husband back into the big tank obsession so I've been forced to make due with a little 60 gallon cube that I custom built. I almost had him back over to the darkside last year when I convinced him to buy a 600 gallon tank from a local here; but sadly that tank has been sitting in our garage since :( I have been unable to convince him to set it up so sadly we'll be dusting it off and probably listing it for sale sometime in the near future. Too bad, I was really hoping to get another large tank setup. Oh well, guess I'll make do with my little tank for now.

Anyway, we are in the tiny little town of Baldwin, MI. If you don't know where that it; we are about 90 minutes north of Grand Rapids. Sadly, I have yet to find ANY LFS even remotely close to us up here. If anybody knows of any in the north please let me know! Curious to know if anyone else on this forum is in our neck of the woods?

Erin

·
Registered
725 Posts
WOW the plumbing alone is amazing let alone the nice corals and fish on your 2007 TOM,

Well welcome to Michiganreefers.com, and I see your already selling your 600 gallon that's a nice looking tank.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I remember that RC tank of the month back in the day before I got booted from RC... (don't tick off the mods there, they are kinda touchy) I still have the print out somewhere.. lol.. very nice tank. Very inspiring, hope it was as fun to have as it was to look at on reefkeeping.

Baldwin is about as far from the ocean as you can get... wish you best of luck with that. might be within next day ground shipping from a lot of places though..

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Beautiful tank you had there in AZ. I especially like the cleanliness and organization of the filtration and other equipment. Top notch for sure.

If you find yourself heading towards the Lansing area, we'd love to have you stop by and check out the shop. Give me a heads up and I'll make sure we give you a quick tour of our coral propagation room as well as our ever expanding freshwater fish breeding room.

For stores to your south, check out Blue Fish in Grandville. They should be just about an hour south of you.

And welcome to MI as well! Maybe we should thank you for bringing such a mild winter with you from AZ!

Steve

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can't help you with any lfs. I know there is one in Clare but thats little ride from you. We have some hunting property right near Baldwin. 10 and franksmith rd

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.