Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Just got some new zoos and when I opened the box they were very cold. I know that they are very hardy, but how long should I expect to wait before they start to open?

Thanks,
hari

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I wouldn't know exaclty how long, but imo I would put them in a dark place in your tank. with very little light. it may inspire them to come out faster...

Last time I got some zoos and they didn't open right away, I was told it takes a few days... but then they just melted away. All of my other Zoos and Palys have opened up within 30mins after being put into tank sometimes even before acclimation was done.
I usually take about an hour to an hour and a half to acclimate anything that goes into my tank, this way I have a lot of time to inspect it for anything bad.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
It can take longer for zoos to open when they've been shipped versus picking them up from the store or a fellow reefer because of the time they've been in a bag. I've had some that have shipped that have stayed closed for 6 days before they opened and they were fine, but if they start to melt away in that time you can be pretty sure they're not going to make it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts