Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we just got our camera back from being without it for over a year... the camera got dropped by a friend, and the lens broke off.

long story short, I replaced the lens, and bought an additional $15 macro to take tank pics.

It's pretty cool, but I have no idea what I am doing... lol, I had to take these pictures from like 5ft away without a tripod. Needless to say, the quality shows it. I think I'll be looking for a tripod, and reading up on camera settings. I have a Canon Rebel Digital Xti.

Let me know what you think :jester:

Candy Canes (yummm)

Cleaner Shrimp (Out of the Abyss)

Green Implosions (BoOoOoM)

Tyree War Coral (Attack of the egg crate)

Mr. Hermit

Purple Tonga Shroom

Just Clown'n around

Out of Focus (these guys are under current so I couldnt focus well, but the color has not been adjusted... this is what they look like to the naked eye)

I hope they look as cool on here as they do on my computer screen!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx! it's not actually a lens, its merely a tube that goes between your lens and the camera and allows you to take ultra close pictures. I know there is a technical term for it, but I am no photographer, and know virtually nothing about photography... but I have a feeling I'm going to want to take A LOT more pictures :jester:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I love the color LED brings out. You can see the zoa's and the war coral are both in growouts lit by LEDs, all the other pics are of coral lit under T5HO lighting.

They are all plumbed into the same system, so the only difference is the lighting, and man... it makes a difference!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Thanks, I love the color LED brings out. You can see the zoa's and the war coral are both in growouts lit by LEDs, all the other pics are of coral lit under T5HO lighting.

They are all plumbed into the same system, so the only difference is the lighting, and man... it makes a difference!
I can see that, they look great! LED's seem to be the future, if they can get a handle on them and bring the prices down.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, the gap between what it cost to make them, and how much some companies sells them for is definitely too high.

The units I have are made in china, and are relatively inexpensive. They have worked great for me. So now, when I upgrade, I will be ordering 5 of them. The units have came a long way in two years. They now use the newer higher par 3w leds, the have controls for both the blue and whites, and you can even get them controllable!

I am looking at 5 144w controllable fixtures to hang over my 10ft x 3ft tank. I will spend just over $1500 on them. I think that is a pretty sweet deal considering how much similar units sell for here in the US.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts